V. Kraus Nurseries Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that members of our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers while accessing our goods and services. We will also have ramps, handgrips, and chairs installed or available for the use of disabled persons needing to access our office or wheelchair accessible washroom.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the members of the public. However; since we have our own dogs, on-site, and well-trained as they are, dogs meeting for the first time will follow their own unpredictable set of rules, it is best if you notify us in advance if you plan to bring your service animal.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities (wheelchair accessible entrances, or washroom), V. Kraus Nurseries Limited will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include the information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative services or facilities, if available.
The notice will be posted at the front counter in the main office, and the location of the disruption.
Training for staff
V. Kraus Nurseries Limited will provide training to all office staff and those employees working in our growing or storage areas who deal with the public, or other third parties on the company’s behalf. This training will also be provided to new staff members within one month of their start date.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- V. Kraus Nurseries Limited’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use any lifting or support devices that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing V. Kraus Nurseries Limited’s goods and services
- Updates when changes are made to the Accessible Customer Service Plan.
Customers wishing to provide feedback on the way V. Kraus Nurseries Limited provides goods and services to people with disabilities can do any of the following:
E-mail: admin @ krausnurseries.com
Mail: V. Kraus Nurseries Limited
Carlisle, ON L0R 1H0
All feedback to be directed to V. Kraus Nurseries Limited’s Accessibility Liason.
Customers can expect a response within 5 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organizations regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this and other policies
All policies of V. Kraus Nurseries Limited will be reviewed to ensure they respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.